Our placement personal verifies student's background and work history to make sure the information and documents needed from previous employment is correct. By having the correct information when filling out trucking companies applications will speed up the hiring process. The school maintains a current list of companies willing to hire qualified truck drivers as their needs arise. The majority of the jobs available through the school are with long-haul, irregular route, interstate carriers. Although short-haul, local companies leads are available. Students are discouraged from contacting employers without first discussing their plans with placement personal. They need to make sure the proper procedures on completing employer application and tips for interviews have been discussed. Our job placement in 20 years of business has never been below 92%. The school placement assistance, if needed, is with the duration of Lufkin Truck Driving Academy.
Admissions to the school is open to all individuals who meet all requirements of the Texas Department of Public Safety, the Texas Workforce Commission and the following criteria:
1) Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to speak, read, write English and do simple arithmetic.
2) Applicants must possess a valid Texas Driver's license prior to enrollment.
3) Applicants must possess a Social Security Card, W2 or a paycheck stub which includes the Social Security number on it.
4) No DWI/DUI violations within the last 3 years, with an exception of a pre-hire from existing carrier, upon review with director.
5) All felony convictions are upon review with director.
6 ) No more than 3 moving violations in a 3 year period, with no more than 2 in the past year.
7) Applicants must meet the requirements of the Motor Carrier Federal Safety Regulations, Section 391, Qualifications of drivers.
8) Applicants must be at least 21 years if age prior to their scheduled graduation date. .
9) Applicant's general appearance and physical condition must be consistent with general employment situations.
10) Applicant must obtain a CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit) at a cost of $25.00 from the Department of Public Safety before the beginning of class